Barney Miller The Complete 8 Seasons & 168 Uncut Episodes DVD Collection
Barney Miller is an Emmy award winning television sitcom that aired from 1975 to 1982. The series is set in New York and revolves around everyday exploits of Captain Barney Miller in the 12th Precinct and other colourful characters that inhabit his station. Other famous characters include Detective Wojohowicz and Detective Nick Yemana. While Wojohowicz(also referred to as Wojo) is a naive yet trusted cop, on the other hand, Nick Yemana is calm and philosophical individual. Ron Glass and Steve Landesberg have played the roles of Detective Ron Harris and Detective Arthur Dietrich just to perfection. Written by Theodore J. Flicker and Danny Arnold, the series became quite popular with people of all age groups, as soon as it released. These are the same writers who have created some of the most memorable shows in the television history such as Bewitched, McHale’s Navy, Night Gallery, The Streets of San Francisco and That Girl. The final episode of Barney Miller aired on 20th may 1982. You can enjoy all the 168 episodes of this wonderful show by purchasing Barney Miller complete DVD set.
Barney Miller is one of those famous cop shows that are extremely hilarious but don’t make fun of cops or the crimes they handle. Though only 3 seasons were released as DVD’s in the beginning, the good news for this great comedy fans is that they can now pick the Barney Miller complete DVD set containing all 168 episodes. You can buy Barney Miller DVD at a reasonable price now and that too with many extras.
Barney Miller ran for over 8 years and within this time period, the show won a number of awards, for instance, three Emmys, Directors Guild of America Award and two Golden Globe Awards. The show was even nominated for more than 29 Emmys. These are undoubtedly the achievements that you just cannot ignore, and these accomplishments say a lot about the quality of this cult show. At the same time, it’s worth mentioning the fact that in spite of winning a number of prestigious awards and garnering a lot of critical acclaim, this show never became successful to achieve the top ratings. This might be attributed to the fact that the show was much ahead of its time. For instance, when you watch Barney Miller, you will find a story with in the series about a gay character; this was something that had never been done before in any prime time show. Precisely, this extra-ordinance of this great show gives it a timeless quality and just explains why Barney Miller DVD’s are selling like hot cakes even in these times.
In conclusion, it would be suffice to say that Barney miller is a fantastic show and if you had not watched it before or even failed to watch the reruns then here is a good chance for you to watch this excellent series by purchasing Barney Miller complete DVD set.
* Hal Linden as Captain Barney Miller
* Abe Vigoda as Detective Phil Fish (1975-1977). Fish's wife Bernice (Florence Stanley) made an appearance from time to time. In 1977, the couple was spun off into their own show, Fish.
* Max Gail as Detective Stan "Wojo" Wojciehowicz
* Ron Glass as Detective Ron Harris
* Jack Soo as Detective Sergeant Nick Yemana (1975-1978). Soo died in 1979. A special memorial episode was aired, with the actors breaking character and recalling their favorite Yemana scenes.
* Gregory Sierra as Detective Sergeant Chano Amenguale (1975-1976)
* Steve Landesberg as Detective Arthur Dietrich (1976-1982)
* Ron Carey as Officer Carl Levitt (1976-1982)
* Linda Lavin in a recurring role as Detective Janice Wentworth (1975-1976)
* James Gregory as Chief Inspector Frank Luger, Barney's supervisor
* Barbara Barrie as Elizabeth "Liz" Miller (1975-1978), Barney's wife.
Inside the 12th precinct: New inteviews with Hal Linden, Abe Vigoda, Max Gail and more.
The life and times of Barney Miller: The original Barney Miller pilot episode.
Writer and producer interviews and commentaries with Tony Sheehan, Jeff Stein and Frank Dungan
Season one of the spin-off FISH starring Abe Vigoda